Friday 25 March 2011

New beginnings

Workshop building: A very cold start in early February... not really the best time for digging!

March, fully constructed, nearly there...

Back to the world of blogging!
I have been here before, blogging away on my 'domestic craft' blog, and for the Tayberry Gallery blog.
The last couple of years have been spent running the Tayberry Gallery in Perth, with my husband. My Jewellery workshop was set up there and we sold all sorts of interesting applied arts from contemporary British makers. We have now handed the gallery onto a new owner, friend and fellow jeweller; Sarah Spalding. Sarah will be re-opening the gallery on the 1st of April, take a peek at the fantastic selection of work on the gallery website or why not pop in when next in Perth!

As for me I am starting a whole new adventure.. working from home. I am so excited about this prospect, home is one of the biggest sources of inspiration for my work, so what better place to be.
We and by we I mean myself, the other half, my mums partner, my dad and anyone else who happens to pop by are currently in the process of building the garden workshop where all this new making and creating is going to happen. We still have to make the roof waterproof (very very important in Scotland) electricity to go in and insulating and painting yet to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment